Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Skincare

"Though the circular round-and-round of routine be the bulk of life's affairs, make an occasional jutting diversion - of fun, love, or something that will outlast you - so the shape and motion of your life shall resemble the round lifegiving sun with bright rays shining forth from all directions." --Terri Guillemets



I know its been a longg time since a post but I find working full time and having a summer class keeps me extremely busy, unfortunately. I tend to look through everyones' blogs but don't find time to update or comment.


Lately, I have been focusing on fixing my skincare routine. I have combination skin that gets oily in my tzone as the day goes on. I have tried to pay more attention to ingredients in cleaners, ect in order to try and fix this problem. Here are some things I am trying:


1. Palladio Rice Papers- as far as oil blotting sheets go, I love these babys. They have a thin layer of translucent power to "set" your face & blot oil at the same time. Theyre like $2 at Sally's Beauty, and a lot come in a pack. Also, they don't mess up your makeup at all!



2. Cetaphil cleanser for normal to oily skin- I had read a lot of recommendations on how this is a good cleanser because it doesn't really have irritatants and is pretty mild, not too drying, no fragrance, ect. I would say I have been using it about 3 weeks to try and stop breakouts/oil. I would say that my skin tone has improved as far as like coloring evening out. I don't get redness around my nose like I did from clearasil, neutrogena or clean and clear. As far as breakouts go it may have improved a little bit, but not much, and I don't think my face gets any less oily throughout the daytime. I still find my tzone gets somewhat slick 1-2 hours after washing. I use this in the morning and at night. Oh, and one more thing.. it stinks at getting off mascara. However, I would say it is working better for me than all the neutrogena, clearasil gimmicky face washes.





3. Neutrogena Oil free Hydrating Acne Treatment- again I read some recommendations about how this could help clear up some breakouts, even skin tone, and clear blackheads. It contains a percentage of salicylic acid and it a gel-ish consistency. I use this in combination with my product #4, so I normally will put this on at night after I cleanse my face. I used this probably 2-3 weeks consistently and found it really did nothing for my face. When I use it at night my tzone gets oily pretty quickly and so far its done nothing for blackheads or breakouts that I can tell.. if anything I think they got worse so I'm definitely considering ditching this product. However, I'm not sure if maybe it takes a while to work, or maybe I need a different form of salicylic acid because everything I have read said its supposed to be really great for combo skin.




4. Benzoyl peroxide prescription cream: I don't have a picture for this, but its a little jar of a cream that I apply in the mornings and (before I got the sal. acid ointment) at night. When I got it 3 years ago it worked great for clearing up any acne/breakouts, and helping my tzone stay relatively dry throughout the day. However, after using it about 3 years it doesn't work that well anymore. I'm thinking maybe I need to up my perscription percentage amount because the one I have is around 5% and I know you can get some OTC ones for 7-10%. But the 5% definitely helped me the first couple years using it and it was my go-to acne product!


5. Moisturizer: is something I really don't know what to do about. I got an SPF 20, oil free moisturizer, fragrance free from target and I never know if (having combo skin) I should put this on after my acne treatment products, before, at night, in the morning... or whatever! Any suggestions?




Lemme know if you have any questions, tips, tricks, or suggestions about skincare because I'm always open to hearing them! :)


Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment