Monday, August 3, 2009

today's look!

"Peace, for example, starts within each one of us. When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us." -- 14th Dalai Lama

Today I took two cotton clothing items, and turned them into a cute, relaxing, hippie-inspired outfit.

To do this I added lots of jewelry, light makeup, and soft, curly hair. I want to also add that I got my shirt and shorts on sale, and all my jewelry was extremely inexpensive! My shoes even were too! Here's how I did it:

OUTFIT: white top ($8.00) and plaid colored shorts ($15.00) from Aeropostale, black sandals ($9.00) from Ross, white flower earrings, color beaded necklace, and blue bangle all $1.00 each from my sister :) she got them in a small jewelry shop in Florida. The lime green string bracelet I'm wearing I got as a gift- it is a Brazilian wish bracelet.

MAKEUP: It's hard to tell in these pictures, but I wore mint concealor from everyday minerals, clinique pressed powder in #2, snuggle blush from everyday minerals, covergirl eyeliner in black, rimmel mascara in black, a light pink sephora eyeshadow on the lid, with a shimmery white shadow under my brow and in the inner corners of my eyes. and e.l.f. super glossy lip shine in "pink kiss".

HAIR: My hair is naturally curly, so I brushed it, let it air dry, put CHI heat protecting serum in the ends and wrapped 1 and 2 inch sections starting under my eyes on high heat. I did mine curling away from my face and just did different size chunks around my head. (it should only take a few minutes) After I sprayed some fruictis garnier shine spray on the ends, and flipped my head upside down and sprayed dove super hold hairspray all over. I flipped my hair over, gave it a good shake and had a perfect messy, loose curl style to go with my hippie inspired look!
* I didn't want my bangs curly so I took a large round brisseled brush and blew dry them while curling them under and away from my face. After that I added a light mist of hairspray to keep them straight and wispy all day long!

Okay so that's it for my first post... they won't all be like this (styled myself head to toe), sometimes they'll just be product reviews or a picture, or a cupcake recipe!


Keep watching for updates!
Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. lovely blog sweetheart! I'm your newest follower :D would mean a lot to me if you could check out my blog too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much to both of you!
    I'm now following both of your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous :) Thank you for following my blog, means a lot :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair!

    Anyways check out my blog too if you want :)

    ReplyDelete