Saturday, August 8, 2009

appreciate simple beauty

 
I know I haven't made another style type blog post yet, but I definitely plan to, it's just been a hectic week as I have been preparing for college!!
I think my next one will be reviews on different makeup products. :)
Anyways, I decided to include this picture, because I think it's important to appreciate simple, nature beauty too!
I think the beach is one of the most relaxing places, and if you ever get the chance to get up and go see the sunrise like I did, it is incredibly peaceful, quiet, and wonderful!

Here's my favorite chocolate chip recipe.. you can't go wrong with this one! It's on the back of the nestle chocolate chip packages; I've been making these since I was little with my parents, and now I just have the recipe memorized from making them so many times!

Ingredients:
2 and 1/4 cups white flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 sticks butter (softened in the microwave for about 15 seconds)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips

(Preheat oven to 375)
Intructions:
1. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt in seperate bowl for later.
2. In a power mixer (like a kitchenaid mixer bowl) mix butter, white sugar, and brown sugar, add in vanilla, and eggs one at a time (make sure to beat well after you add each egg, and that everything is blended together). Now add in the flour mixture, a little at a time (or it will poof all over and you'll have flour in your hair!! Believe me, I have done it before). Make sure to mix well until the dough is nice and fluffy. Next add in the chocolate chips and give it one last good mix and you're all set! (This is the most delicious dough, by the way..sneak a little ;)

Put small globs of dough on a baking sheet (they should be about the size of a cotton ball), and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until a nice golden brown color. As you cook each sheet you may want to cook them a minute less (maybe 8 minutes) or so, because your oven will be hotter, and you don't want them to burn!

Eat them will a nice cold glass of milk and enjoy!


Stephanie
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for following Stephanie.
    I'm gonna try this recipe out for my sweet tooth lol

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, they sounds delicious. Love your blog.. i'm gonna follow XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    they are very good :) probably my favorite cookies

    I'm going to follow yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the beach is the BEST place. I am now following you, follow and subscribe to me if you wish

    jblovly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the beach is wonderful!
    Okay, thanks! I will definitely subscribe to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must try this, it looks oh so yummy, and I always try to enjoy and appreciate the simple beauty in life...and it's even better while enjoying a delicious chocolate chip cookie! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete