Sunday, February 6, 2011
Unfortunately, my busy life gets the best of me as far as starting up my blog. :(
However, it is my GOAL to not just look at/read other people's blogs but contribute and update my own as well.
So.. coming soon.. my new favorite blue eyes eyeshadow palette, a review of Fructis Garnier Blow Dry Perfector 2-Step kit, a new body-acne product I'm trying out, and the BEST/comfiest t-shirts everrrr!
Glad to be coming back :)
"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication." --Gail Devers.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I know its been a longg time since a post but I find working full time and having a summer class keeps me extremely busy, unfortunately. I tend to look through everyones' blogs but don't find time to update or comment.
Lately, I have been focusing on fixing my skincare routine. I have combination skin that gets oily in my tzone as the day goes on. I have tried to pay more attention to ingredients in cleaners, ect in order to try and fix this problem. Here are some things I am trying:
1. Palladio Rice Papers- as far as oil blotting sheets go, I love these babys. They have a thin layer of translucent power to "set" your face & blot oil at the same time. Theyre like $2 at Sally's Beauty, and a lot come in a pack. Also, they don't mess up your makeup at all!
2. Cetaphil cleanser for normal to oily skin- I had read a lot of recommendations on how this is a good cleanser because it doesn't really have irritatants and is pretty mild, not too drying, no fragrance, ect. I would say I have been using it about 3 weeks to try and stop breakouts/oil. I would say that my skin tone has improved as far as like coloring evening out. I don't get redness around my nose like I did from clearasil, neutrogena or clean and clear. As far as breakouts go it may have improved a little bit, but not much, and I don't think my face gets any less oily throughout the daytime. I still find my tzone gets somewhat slick 1-2 hours after washing. I use this in the morning and at night. Oh, and one more thing.. it stinks at getting off mascara. However, I would say it is working better for me than all the neutrogena, clearasil gimmicky face washes.
3. Neutrogena Oil free Hydrating Acne Treatment- again I read some recommendations about how this could help clear up some breakouts, even skin tone, and clear blackheads. It contains a percentage of salicylic acid and it a gel-ish consistency. I use this in combination with my product #4, so I normally will put this on at night after I cleanse my face. I used this probably 2-3 weeks consistently and found it really did nothing for my face. When I use it at night my tzone gets oily pretty quickly and so far its done nothing for blackheads or breakouts that I can tell.. if anything I think they got worse so I'm definitely considering ditching this product. However, I'm not sure if maybe it takes a while to work, or maybe I need a different form of salicylic acid because everything I have read said its supposed to be really great for combo skin.
4. Benzoyl peroxide prescription cream: I don't have a picture for this, but its a little jar of a cream that I apply in the mornings and (before I got the sal. acid ointment) at night. When I got it 3 years ago it worked great for clearing up any acne/breakouts, and helping my tzone stay relatively dry throughout the day. However, after using it about 3 years it doesn't work that well anymore. I'm thinking maybe I need to up my perscription percentage amount because the one I have is around 5% and I know you can get some OTC ones for 7-10%. But the 5% definitely helped me the first couple years using it and it was my go-to acne product!
5. Moisturizer: is something I really don't know what to do about. I got an SPF 20, oil free moisturizer, fragrance free from target and I never know if (having combo skin) I should put this on after my acne treatment products, before, at night, in the morning... or whatever! Any suggestions?
Lemme know if you have any questions, tips, tricks, or suggestions about skincare because I'm always open to hearing them! :)
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
So, last week I started a new job for the summer while I am home on school break, and I have been SWAMPED working full time. That's why I haven't had any updates. But, since I have a free moment I definitely have some beauty questions maybe someone will know...
#1 Where is your favorite place to buy age appropriate work clothes (20ish)?
#2 I am on the search for a cute pair of black heels! I want them to be cute so they can double as being [relatively] comfy to wear to work, but be able to go out in them. I love these:
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Here's the site: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/tag/wallpapers/
My favorites for May are the birdhouse one and the sunflower with the lady bug one :)
This is one of my absolute favorite quotes (I have a big poster with quotes written all over it.. I sorta collect them!) and I think this one is just a really good message for everyone! :) What is your favorite quote(s)? I always love to hear new ones!
I've been on the search for some new cheap pairs of shorts since I have begun working out a lot more and my body has changed and mine no longer fit right... so here are some clothes deals I found.
- JCPenny: Shorts: buy one get one for 1$.
- Aeropostale: Buy one get one free (which comes out to about 28$ for 2 pairs)
- Charlotte Russe: 10% student or military ID discount (at least in Florida?)
- Forever21.com: Under "features" they have "Daily 21 specials" where they put 21 random items on sale for 20% each day. Also, their sale section has quite a few items pretty cheap right now!
- Kohls: is pretty much always running sales, right now they have 40-60% off most tops, shorts, and capris!
So, those are the deals that I found but when I get paid and go check out these deals I'll let you know if I see anymore good ones!
Happy Wednesday! :D
Sunday, May 16, 2010
MAKEUP: (I am pretty fair skinned with light strawberry blonde hair :)
- eyeshadow: (E) Stila palettes, Bare minerals singles (I) L'orael HIP eyeshadow duos, Avon roller eyeshadows, JANE single eye colors
- blush: (I) everyday minerals (purchased online @ everydayminerals.com) in apple, new shoes, and snuggle
- bronzer: (I) JANE bronzer compact (I love love love this one! Its perfect for my fair skin)
- concealor: everyday minerals concealor in Mint (again, I LOVE this, it hides any redness on my face, and its really light weight.)
- foundation: I don't really use any foundation, but if I had to, (E) Clinique in superbalanced makeup in #27
- mascara: (E) clinique high impact mascara in #1 black (I) Rimmel volume flash in 005 extreme black
- eyeliner: (I) covergirl perfect point plus in black onyx & expresso
- lipgloss: (I) lip smackers or ELF...I am on the search for a nude lipgloss great on fair skinned or redheads if anyone knows of any, especially if they're cheap!
- lipstick: none, I'm not a huge lipstick person, however any recommendations for really inexpensive ones for me to try would be great!
SKIN CARE: (I have combo skin: a semi-oily t-zone, but the rest is okay)
- face soap: (I) clean and clear oil free facial foaming cleansor
- face scrub/exfoliator: (I) neutrogena deep clean invigorating foaming scrub
- face masque: (I) St Ive's mint mask
- toner: (I) Olay refreshing toner (this is made from witch hazel...which i know you can also buy pretty cheap at drugstores and what not, so I think you could easily spend a few less dollars and just get witch hazel; this is what I am going to do next time.)
- lotion: (I) I have clean and clear morning glow, oil free moisturizer with SPF 15. I like this but I don't like the little specs of glitter in it... any recommendations for an oil free face lotion with SPF?
- others: I would like a good method for eliminating blackheads on my nose/chin; however, I have been unable to find any product to do this or way of getting rid of them if anyone has suggestions!
HAIR PRODUCTS: (I have decently curly, fine, thin hair that I have to wash once daily)
- shampoo: (E) paul mitchell strength shampoo (I) herbal essences drama clean
- conditioner: (I) Aussie 3 minute miracle, herbal essences hello hydration
- curly hair product: (E-ish) Catwalk TIGI curls rock! (I've been using this years, I LOVE it), (I) fructis garnier curl shaping spray gel
- straight hair product: (E) CHI shine serum (I) john frieda frizz-ease hair serum-transform (this stuff is really great... it makes my hair so sily soft!)
- blowdryer: (E) CHI
- straight iron: (E) CHI
- curling iron: (I) conair instant heat 3/4 in. curling iron
- others: (I) Aussie hair insurance leave in conditioning spray, Aussie anti-humidity flex hold hairspray, Dove flex hold hair spray, fructis garnier shine spray
*I'm always looking for different hair products/shampoos/conditioners to try out to make my hair be the softest, silkiest, strongest, shiniest, and least oily it can be, so lemme know if you have anything you love to use!
So girls... those are my favorites, must have products, WHAT ARE YOURS? I love to try new things, especially if they are cheap! Every single one of my inexpensive items I purchased for under $10 I believe! :D